The much-cited concept of HR transformation by Dave Ulrich (2009, 1997) links various reform ideas on the traditional personnel work, discussed earlier, to a coherent set of individual measures designed to ensure increased added value. These include above all:
- The demand for SPM (Strategic Personnel Management), which is based on a carefully planned personnel strategy, which is coordinated with the company strategy
- The appreciation and recognition of competent personnel leaders and staff representatives in the personnel departments by a new role understanding of the personnel as:
- "Administrative Expert" (more recently, "Functional Expert")
- "Employee Champion"
- "Change Agents" > As recently summarized under the Description "Strategic Partner"
- "Strategic Partner"
- Proposals for strategy-compatible, digitization-friendly reorganization of the personnel department by introducing new HR organizational models ("organizational transformation")
- Prioritization, expansion and quality improvement of certain personnel functions, e.g. Talent management, which is particularly important for current and future value creation and optimization of the associated personnel processes (transformation of functions and processes).
Fig.: Organizational Transformation
HR transformation is a relatively new, forward-looking concept of personnel work, which has so far predominantly prevailed in particularly innovative large companies. The realization of this concept is complex because of its complexity and places high demands on HR transformation consulting.
ISPA consult's "HR Transformation" focus is focused on "Customizing" to enable the application of the concept - at least its basic idea - under very different conditions. In addition to the size of the company and its affiliation with the industry, the development of the workforce, which has already been achieved, can more or less favor or hinder the introduction of HR transformation. In any case, close cooperation between the ISPA project team and the customer's internal project team is necessary to ensure a proper application of the concept.
Many people are only willing to play the attractive role of a business partner with strategic tasks. At least as important as one's own "willing" is the "ability" (available resources) and the "allow" (internal jurisdiction). "Can" and "allow" are the most important starting points for external support in taking over the desired business partner role.